Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Angeline Winery - 2005 Estate Merlot

I must start by stating, I am not a fan of Merlot. With that said, I recently tasted the 2005 Angeline Winery Estate Merlot while enjoying a wine flight of other red varietals. This winery is a part of the Martin Ray Winery located in Sonoma County, California - recently ranked as the American Value Brand of the year in 2007 & 2006 by Wine & Spirits Magazine. The tasting notes for this 2005 Estate Merlot suggest a wonderfully structured wine with a nose of plum and cherry followed by rich fruit flavors and a hint of leather. My tasting notes suggest that there is a strong taste of leather and earthy tones with very little structure. Even at the dirt cheap price of $10 a bottle, I still wouldn't spend the money. With that said, if you like an earthy wine and taste of leather, you may enjoy this bottle. To be fair, if you try this one, post your comments, let us hear what you have to say about this one.

No comments: