Monday, August 10, 2009

Simonsig Stellenbosch 2007 Chenin Blanc

We enjoyed this South African Chenin Blanc this weekend while camping. I have read a lot of positive reviews of this wine which I acquired through a wine club with 'Wine Styles'. I was not expecting much from this wine, but was pleasantly surprised by the nice light fruit notes and pleasant finish. There was a hint of apple and pear, very light and refreshing. This is not an outstanding Chenin Blanc, but is a nice everyday white. The price point appears $10 to $15 online at various locations. This is one I would pick up and have on hand for a casual glass with the neighbors or friends who drop by unexpectedly.

On a side note, after reading the bottle further, I noticed that this wine was distributed by our friend Steve Krepps at Quintessential Wines in Napa, CA. Nice job Steve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys!

Steve Kreps