Sunday, September 28, 2008

Waterstone 2003 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

This Napa Valley Cab offers a great nose, with hints of oak and chocolate. The label suggests hints of cherry, currant and blackberry...however, not something I picked up on. The Wine Spectator gave this 90 points, and they may have been a bit generous in my opinion. This Cab lacked body, at best it was a medium bodied Cab...and I was in the mood for a full bodied Cab...so it let me down a bit. The Waterstone Cab hits at the back of the tongue and lingers for a while...a silky, oak finish that was enjoyable. I bought this one for $30 and after getting over my initial disappointment, I enjoyed this wine. However, it did not pair well with my BBQ, but was a nice sipping wine to finish the evening. This was a slightly above average Cab, and at $30 was worth the try. However, I can't find this bottle online for less than +/-$70. At this price point, there are better Cab's to be tried and enjoyed.

No comments: